1. Default Can't log onto MS since May 2014 - Ridiculous?

Hello,

I'm opening the same thread for the 3rd time with a hope to get this problem solved.
    Many people here and there tried to help me by giving me many different solutions, but, unfortunately, none of them worked.
    When I try to run the game ( I run it by clicking the right button of my mouse on the MS folder, which has the GameLauncher.exe and the Maplestory.exe folders in it, and writing "GameLauncher" in the cmd)
    the screen with the Play button appears, but when I click on the Play button, nothings happens, namely: the HS and the BLACKCIPHER screens don't show.

I very close to formatting my entire computer ( Re-installing my win7), since I don't know what to do, and I've never had this issue before.

If anyone can help - thanks,

Greg.

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Can't log onto MS since May 2014 - Ridiculous?

Why do you run it that way?

Try double-clicking on the folder, and when it opens, double-clicking on GameLauncher.exe

3. Default Re: Can't log onto MS since May 2014 - Ridiculous?

Previous thread fo context

The only thing I can think of is completely uninstall Maple, run CCleaner, check your programs if anything is blocking Maple or any of the maple files. Restart, then try downloading and installing again. You mentioned you had another computer with it installed correctly. Compare the files. If any are missing, you will have to get those and then try installing the game again (I forgot where they keep the manual files for installing, sorry).

If what @SaptaZapta; said does not work, like I said in the earlier thread, you need to try running it is an administrator.

4. Default

Tried that as-well, it doesn't work.

I tried everything, including uninstalling,re-downloading and re-installing - nothing seems to work.
    The other computer runs MS perfectly fine, and I've noticed that it has more files than I do - oddly ( I don't know why and how).

Do you think I should just re-install my win7? I'm just so sick of this. 3 months is way too much, and Nexon just answers with the same old message all the time.
    Last edited by Five Second Pose; 2014-08-16 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Use the edit button, don't double post.

5. Default Re: Can't log onto MS since May 2014 - Ridiculous?

Please read what I posted. These missing files are exactly why it won't work. You have a working copy, and a non-working copy with less files, and you are still confused? The issue is obviously the missing files. Fix that and Maple will probably work. You'll have to ask someone else how to do that though, I haven't really played in the past 8 months or so, so I don't remember where they keep the manual files. I believe they have 4 folders and a app you run that will download all the files in the automatic installer does not work. But seriously, its not hard to figure that it won't work if it has missing files. Your car is not going to go anywhere without an engine or wheels, is it?

No,unless the only thing you want to use this computer for is Maple, seems like a waste. If you backup your HD i guess, it takes some time though.

Oh, and this probably is not an issue, but make sure your graphic drivers are up to date too.

6. Sacred cow Male
    IGN: Equi
    Server: Aquila
    Level: 235
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Pineapples
    Farm: holycow
    singapore

Have you tried copying your files over from the comp that can maple

7. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: XJunkun
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Buccaneer
    Guild: Jabaited
    Alliance: You
    California

Click the launcher settings see if you're running it under xp compability and take it off.
    I had a similar issue had it running under windows xp

8. Default

Changed it, but still it doesn't work.

I tried copying the Game run file downloaded from nexon.net from the computer that runs MS to mine, and it worked for one time, but failed afterwards.

I'll try that again, but I'm not sure it's the problem anymore. I don't know why would it download the game with missing files on my computer, when it downloads the game with all the files and works on the other computer in my house.
    Last edited by Five Second Pose; 2014-08-16 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Use the edit button, don't triple post.

9. Default Re: Can't log onto MS since May 2014 - Ridiculous?

Try copying the entire MS folder from the working folder onto a USB, then copying that from your USB to the non-working folder.

10. Default Re: Can't log onto MS since May 2014 - Ridiculous?

Do you mean copying it into a DOK? Because I don't think it will work.

11. Default Re: Can't log onto MS since May 2014 - Ridiculous?

I have no idea what you're talking about.

I mean these

12. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Yes, USB flash storage devices are called "Disk On Key" in Israel for some reason.

13. Default Re: Can't log onto MS since May 2014 - Ridiculous?

Well, I've run MS off a USB before because I don't think it uses any registry entries or anything, so copying from one computer to another should work.

14. Default

Yeah, they are called Disc on key here , I don't think I have a 4GB one, but I'll figure out something, Thanks guys.

Well, I copied the folders from the computer that runs ms fine, and still it doesn't work on my computer. It's just awkward.
    Last edited by Five Second Pose; 2014-08-16 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Use the edit button, don't double post. This is your last warning.

15. Default Re: Can't log onto MS since May 2014 - Ridiculous?

I believe that would be incorrect. There may be few alters, but they are necessary. Both BlackCipher and Hackshield MUST be truly installed to work as well. I tried all this recently when I tried to make Maplestory work from a Dropbox folder. (Why update 8 machines individually when installing it in Dropbox will update them all at once? It can be done, but not without fully installing it on each machine into the right target folder.)

It is true, though, that once you install maple on a machine that you can update it just by copying files. I do that currently. I update one machine, copy the directory onto a USB stick, and then copy the files from the USB stick onto every other machine.

16. Default Re: Can't log onto MS since May 2014 - Ridiculous?

This was back when GameGuard was a thing, I've never had a reason to try since then because I stopped playing sometime after the changeover.
    @VGreg; for the love of god use the edit button, I have to keep merging your double posts. Last warning.

17. Default Re: Can't log onto MS since May 2014 - Ridiculous?

You've told me that, but you have to understand that I'm not doing it on purpose, I'm just not good at it.

I'm using NVIDIA GTS 450 (GeForce) Graphic driver and it says it doesn't support MS, but supports other games like Final fantasy best. Could this be the problem?
    What graphic drivers are you using, guys?

18. Default Re: Can't log onto MS since May 2014 - Ridiculous?

I doubt that's the problem. I've run MS on integrated graphics cards and on a 460M.