1. Default Fast, weak weapon VS Slow, strong weapon

So recently, I found a summer purple surfboard on my Aran.

And I've been using the Union Polearm on my Aran since the Alliance update, which is when I was hacked and was stripped of my mesos and my PSB.

And as you can notice, the potential on the Union Polearm is +6% all stat. Equipping this over the summer psb gives my character an att range boost of around +600.
    ->

My question is, since the purple surfboard is faster but weaker, and the Union polearm is slower but stronger, which one will give me the best DPS? I heard that the faster will always be better, but I feel that the attack range difference is too great for that "rule" to apply in this situation. Anyone have an idea about which would be better suited for me? :)

Also, I know that scrolling the surfboard and cubing it would obviously make it the better weapon, but I'm low on mesos and don't really spend money on NX, so that probably won't happen for a while ;)

2. Default Re: Fast, weak weapon VS Slow, strong weapon

A difference of 600 is not "great".

On top of that, your fast weapon isn't even cubed or scrolled.

3. Default Re: Fast, weak weapon VS Slow, strong weapon

4. Default Re: Fast, weak weapon VS Slow, strong weapon

Throw 7 100% scrolls on the SSPSB and use that, or you could hunt more boxes and try and find one with +ATT potential if you want. The SSPSB is still better even when clean though.

5. Default Re: Fast, weak weapon VS Slow, strong weapon

Assuming 460% Final Toss. Ignoring PDR/criticals.
    Union Polearm: 65539~93627 damage a second.
    Summer PSB: 71571~102245 damage a second.

6. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Fast, weak weapon VS Slow, strong weapon

on top of that, the psb grants faster combo's and more criticals, thus widening the gap a bit.

7. Default Re: Fast, weak weapon VS Slow, strong weapon

Thanks for the great answers guys :)

8. Default Re: Fast, weak weapon VS Slow, strong weapon

I love you, calculator.

9. Default Re: Fast, weak weapon VS Slow, strong weapon

These surfboards appear to be really easy to find, so toss a bunch of 100% scrolls on one, then find another clean one (or a bunch more clean ones) to save for when you have mesos.