IGN: BlackStrobe
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 209
    Job: Phantom
    Guild: Aerials
    Alliance: Flux
    Farm: Aerials
    mexico

Default Re: Monster Life Breeding and Play Reference (WIP)

Completing the 9999999 Waru achievement gave me a Mushroom statue which gives 800 Aesthetic points.

2. Neon Atom Straight Male
    IGN: Omnicolor
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 200
    Job: Rainbow Paladin
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Erictopia
    usa

There's got to be a faster and easier way to level your farm other than combining and releasing C rank monsters over and over. My hand can only take so much.

Is there another Special that gives farm exp like the Pharaoh Yeti?

3. Default Re: Monster Life Breeding and Play Reference (WIP)

I was wondering, do we know how many statues there are? I know you get one at 20 achievements, 45 achievements, and apparently you get one for getting 9999999 Waru and meeting a monster you released. I assume you also get one at 70 achievements(the next in achievement trophies).

Also going along with this, are there any tips to finding your own monsters to get the achievement?

@Prism;
    The only other way is buying those Second-Hand monster boxes, but they cost more than combining. The only advise I can give is to get the first 5 monster expansions, then get the monster barn upgrades. This will allow you to nurture your monster every 6 hours which give more exp than normal. I am currently just gaining exp by nurturing and renewing. It is slow, but there really isn't a reason to level past 35(30 if you don't need the Milk house), except 1-2 last monster slot.

4. Default Re: Monster Life Breeding and Play Reference (WIP)

What about light Lumi at lv 40?

An extra target hit, just for waru. I'd say it's worth the try.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

@Stereo, anything that can be done about the troll(s)? Can the input form be made protected?

6. Default Re: Monster Life Breeding and Play Reference (WIP)

I completely forgot about light Lumi, but it is a huge amount of work to get if you are forcing it. I am not saying don't try, like I said, I am taking slow. It will take about a month or so for me to get to level 40(from 35) just renewing and nurturing. You will get level 40 regardless, as long as you keep up your farm, it just comes down to the amount of effort you are willing to put in. I don't really boss/train, so I am in no hurry; for some people that do, it may be worth it. I have over 500 follower to my farm, and visited even more, and I don't think I have seen more than 10 level 40 farms, so...

Edit: Of course people are inputting stuff under my name...why would they even?

7. Default Re: Monster Life Breeding and Play Reference (WIP)

If it comes to it I could make a hidden userlist, hide the result spreadsheet, and PM people passwords to use instead of SP forum username. I'm not sure how big a problem it is; looking at the form responses it's only happened about 3 times, all of which are easy for me to delete.

I would combine a whitelist with a daily (approximate) check of the other submissions where I just run through the farms and manually add a password if they're correct; there are only about 5-6 regular named contributors and they do 75% of the updates (other 25% are blank so I don't know how many individuals)

I could authorize other people to edit the spreadsheet and delete trolls but so far it's infrequent enough I don't see a need, unless people want them gone quicker.

I'll talk to some of my web dev friends about how hard it'd be to replicate this functionality on a site I have more control over. I picked google forms/spreadsheets cause I know how to use it, but it has been having some downsides.

8. Neon Atom Straight Male
    usa

Special Shop sometimes you treat me just right. http://prntscr.com/1scja2

I was looking at your farm... wouldn't you do better with the Milk? Although considering you are already at 10m waru I guess it doesn't matter much for you.
    Last edited by Prism; 2013-09-20 at 02:59 AM.

9. Default Re: Monster Life Breeding and Play Reference (WIP)

Dropped ~80k Waru on my A rank Toys and ended up with 2 S ranks.
    170k on my A+ Mushrooms and I got 1 Amore Spores. (ran out of other S-ranks to combine with)

Also leveled up at some point in there so I have a nice new set of story quests.

Have had a good brainstorming session on an improved version of the spreadsheet. Remains to be seen whether I bother implementing it cause it's a bunch of languages I'm not too familiar with.

10. Default Re: Monster Life Breeding and Play Reference (WIP)

I'm sold on Google AppEngine. A couple days of learning python+etc. and I have this:

('Home' links to an index of all the monster types.)
    Link to the not-very-interesting current version.
    Nothing special visually, but it loads quicker than the Spreadsheet version, it's got a separate page for each type rather than forcing people to share, and the database is a much saner structure meaning the queries are simpler and faster.

todo:
    - update form using Google logins (not too tricky hopefully; I have the barebones one I inserted test data with - just need to work out the login aspect, and validate inputs to positive numbers and such)
    - bulk update form (so I can insert all the old info)
    - admin tool to cleanly delete bad updates
    - figure out how to put it online (the google Cloud site was crashing on me all of yesterday)
    - special monsters (not even started)

Other thoughts:
    - can add a checkbox to the update page that links the farm name to your Google account, so that in future when you view the update page you get it prepopulated with your farm's existing rows.
    - can hypothetically give people access to the bulk update form, would be whitelist only
    - when logged in, make each farm name a link to the update page that prefills the form with that farm+monster info, so you can one-click edit them
    Last edited by Stereo; 2013-09-23 at 01:30 AM.

11. Default Re: Monster Life Breeding and Play Reference (WIP)

The regular monster page is now completely migrated to the new address, http://absolute-water-347.appspot.com/. I'm trying to put it on a better domain but Google Apps is the enemy, apparently.

@LittlePrincess; about 10 of your updates got lost in the migration, I'll be moving them over in a little bit.

@RayGun; @MissingLink; @Burritos; @SaptaZapta; @ChaoticCJ; @tecul1; @Prism; you guys are doing most of the updates, so letting you know the update page has moved. Also, if you guys have ideas on how to make input more convenient, I'm now in a much better position to make that happen.

You'll need to log into a Google account to use the updater; while it says this means your email address is exposed to me, I don't record that information, only a numerical identifier that allows me to block trolls.

There are more than 50 Mushroom farms active - only the 50 with the expiry dates farthest in the future are being shown. I'm probably going to change this to include all the results, I just didn't want any queries getting away from me during development.

12. Orbital Bee Cannon

It says it will expose my email address, which I'm fine with, but then it also says the form is requesting access to my account

13. Neon Atom Straight Male
    usa

9 days left to remake my Pipsqueak Von Leon before it and my Lilynouch. Only 7 days to remake my Pharaoh Yeti. My dodo expires in 9 days as well but I only kept it in case someone wanted to combine with it. I have no interest in Master Gawyllacs so I most likely will not extend the Dodo. I may extend the Lilynouch even though it cost 4 gems... It is most likely the only way I can remake my Pipsqueak Von Leon.

I must have spent over 2m waru the past weeks trying to make a Shinsoo. Remaking these two specials seems impossible after the patch. The Pharaoh Yeti might be possible but currently at 600K waru. The last time I remade my Yeti it cost me 400K waru.

14. Neutron Straight Male
    IGN: godrocker
    Level: 181
    Job: Where's My Ship
    Guild: Osmoga
    Alliance: Fjords
    Farm: Elosia

Somehow I got stupid lucky, within 2 days or 3 I managed to get Hsalf :3. Only problem now is, all my slots are filled up, even to the barn. Hoarding gems and spamming repeatable quests as soon as possible so I can renew my Netherworld Monk and other S monster. Bat Pumpkin Candy is my next target; YOU ARE MINE.

15. Default Re: Monster Life Breeding and Play Reference (WIP)

Don't worry, I have gotten a fugly swan lizard after the patch. xP

16. Neon Atom Straight Male
    usa

How did you guys decide between the Big Bowl Noodles and the Big Top Tenement?

Both have their pros and cons.

Oh awesome. Got a new Pharoah Yeti in less than 10 tries.
    80000K waru to renew my Von Leon just now too. I'm on a roll.

Now that I've renewed my Von Leon... Not sure if I want to get rid of my Lilynouch and raise a Toy Black Night or not. Probably easier to find Toy Black Knights than it is to find Lilynouch though.
    Last edited by Prism; 2013-09-25 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Renewals

17. Neutron Straight Male
    IGN: godrocker
    Level: 181
    Job: Where's My Ship
    Guild: Osmoga
    Alliance: Fjords
    Farm: Elosia

BAT PUMPKIN CANDY GET! YESSSS. Next target: THIEF BUNNY D:<

18. Orbital Bee Cannon

Got lucky today too, and renewed my Aufheben in two tries.
    Can't seem to find any Oniony's to combine with my Turnipy though :-( Of the four listed in the directory, two don't have it anymore.

19. Default Re: Monster Life Breeding and Play Reference (WIP)

The Special Shop's been giving me a lot of decent decor items but no Tip-Top Balloon Shops... so I've just been spending my Waru on decor - up to 25,000 atm (I think the max useful amount is 100,000)

I should be less lazy about the gem-reward quest but... eh. It keeps giving me "nurture 1 X" quests which are a pain.

I suppose the sensible thing to do is just keep a C monster around that I can cheaply combine to whatever. I just don't particularly want to remove one of my existing monsters.

20. Orbital Bee Cannon

That is what I am doing. Keeping a C monster and an empty slot for the combination results is a pain, but thinking about the monster slots I will buy with the gems motivates me to keep it up.