1. Cash7 To the folks who read Nexon's financial reports: is this game in jeopardy?

Assuming that the overall trends between Jan 01, 2015 to December 31, 2015 continue (neither significantly better nor worse), all else being equal (assume MapleStory's competition doesn't affect it significantly for better or worse), how long until Nexon America's MapleStory is in jeopardy?

Whether that means only breaking even, suffering a net loss, not having enough cash flow, whatever - what problems do you see?

Another way to phrase it: If you know Nexon NA's history of scraping a game, what would it take to get rid of MS and, if the current trend keeps going, how long would it take?

Really curious to see if anyone who has perused them can offer insight.

2. Default Re: To the folks who read Nexon's financial reports: is this game in jeopardy?

abandon ship, and spend the money you would have spent on maplestory on buying something that can actually game, because maplestory's long history of pineappleing over its playerbase is finally coming back to bite nexon in the ass, and for a company that calls its cash cards karma, it's almost poetic.

3. Default Re: To the folks who read Nexon's financial reports: is this game in jeopardy?

No doubt they've cannibalized their game. A quick log-in assures me of that every time.

I'm just trying to understand the extent of it and see where the actual numbers stick.

4. Default Re: To the folks who read Nexon's financial reports: is this game in jeopardy?

the game's only profitable because idiots keep falling for the miracle time scam.

as it stands, right now, unless you're on reboot, a new player has 0 chance of realistically getting to the point that they can face off against /any/ "endgame" content successfully, because the reliance on potential stats for actually completing content is the true endgame. And the only way to progress is to spend. And people are seeing this, and seeing other MMOs, that offer better gameplay, and spending their money there instead.

Like, warframe's a hellgrind at times, but pineapple if their monetization model isn't a hell of a lot more player friendly. You can even trade "platinum" through ingame methods to other players for goods.

5. Default Re: To the folks who read Nexon's financial reports: is this game in jeopardy?

do you have a link to these figures?

6. Default Re: To the folks who read Nexon's financial reports: is this game in jeopardy?

Just play blade and soul, much better, more wow

7. Default Re: To the folks who read Nexon's financial reports: is this game in jeopardy?

there it is

To answer the question though, I have a feeling that this game isn't going to go anywhere. whale's will always be there to support the game and I've seen deader MMO's stay afloat just from egotistical people who use their credit card a lot. Not to mention Maplestory has been around for over 10 years and has that nostalgia factor that brings in people every now and then, all Nexon really has to do to pull new players back in is release some major nostalgic update like Reboot.

8. Default Re: To the folks who read Nexon's financial reports: is this game in jeopardy?

You have to remember that Nexon NA is not their primary business operation, Nexon KR is. Nexon Korea made over a hundred billion yen in revenue in the 9 months ended September 2015. Japan, China, North America, and Other (Europe is in here, it's not a big enough segment to report separately) added up to less than 30b yen of revenue. To answer your question not particularly because NA made a loss from underestimating marketing expenses, their revenue went up from DomiNations. Marketing expenses related to a new release will likely go down over time at a rate faster than the decline in revenues related to DomiNations. MapleStory isn't the only thing Nexon makes money from, the game is fine financially. They don't report MapleStory revenue separately but if there's a related significant event that would be mentioned and no such thing was.

9. Default Re: To the folks who read Nexon's financial reports: is this game in jeopardy?

Maplestory is for masochists Blade and Soul is for the classiest

10. Default Re: To the folks who read Nexon's financial reports: is this game in jeopardy?

Classy Masochists who have enough time to wait in queues.

11. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Default Re: To the folks who read Nexon's financial reports: is this game in jeopardy?

Is it possible to do so using "perfect" epic potential gear? I've been trying to work towards this goal by spending many days on numerous characters fusing hundreds of equips and I've made some small successes, transfer hammering all the way up to endgame gear, but only one or two true big successes. I just wonder if it can be enough.

12. Default Re: To the folks who read Nexon's financial reports: is this game in jeopardy?

Unless you somehow nail three 6% main stat lines on every single one of your equips you're not getting anywhere.

13. Default Re: To the folks who read Nexon's financial reports: is this game in jeopardy?

pineapple YOU THEY ARENT THERE ANYMORE GO SEE FOR YOURSELF.

14. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Default Re: To the folks who read Nexon's financial reports: is this game in jeopardy?

I've been hitting some of those.

15. Default Re: To the folks who read Nexon's financial reports: is this game in jeopardy?

Let's assume that your "endgame" is to at least solo Hell Gollux or CRA (other than Vellum of course because the class disparity is too real).

Of course you're not gonna be able to solo any of these bosses that's for sure. Not without some assistance in DPS.

Let's assume you already have all the necessary link skills and character cards to provide the extra damage you needed, and that your fafnir weapon (not pensalir equips, other than gloves) is spell traced with 5 attack, and you have a reinforced/superior gollux set all scrolled perfectly, and the rest of your equips can be common epic 12% stat.

Hard Gollux and Normal Magnus are definitely possible to solo under these conditions. You can even possibly kill Chaos Queen with just barely enough time if you have green MPE pot. Of course, it all boils down to what endgame character you are funding. A character in the bottom of the DPS chart would not solo Chaos Queen.

16. Default Re: To the folks who read Nexon's financial reports: is this game in jeopardy?

if games like Dragon Saga and LaTale are still around, MapleStory'll survive.

17. Default Re: To the folks who read Nexon's financial reports: is this game in jeopardy?

KhainiWest is right. I'm not sure how Mushin looks during peak hours, but from what I can tell login queues are more or less gone now.

And the 2/2 hotfix has almost completely eradicated spambots. For now anyway.

18. Default Re: To the folks who read Nexon's financial reports: is this game in jeopardy?

Pretty much this.

To add to the whole soloing end game and there's no chance. That's completly false. Someone who I was playing with in Reboot moved to Scania to be with me and the main guild. Without me helping him and not spending NX he was able to save up enough to get himself so Fafnir gear. I did help him once he hit around 140 but he made it that far buying his own gear, books, doing theme dungeons, and saved mesos to get gear. My Kinesis was 100% funded by money I got from bosses on my Evan. My Evan's gear and current Fafnir equipment was all made from boss profits and using Reward cubes and the cubes that drop from bosses+crafting. It is very possible, will take you a long time, very long time in some cases (unless you're lucky) but now I'm hitting 15m a line on my Evan from just boss profits.

19. Electron Male
    IGN: Auguro
    Server: Broa
    Level: 150
    Job: Hayato
    Guild: Nintendo
    Alliance: SmashBros
    Farm: Impleton
    usa

So long as Maple offers gachapon or bundles or marvel machines or exp boosters, this game isn't going anywhere anytime soon.