Thread: Return

1. Default Return

I left maple for good about 2 years ago due to several factors(P2W, script kiddies and server stability) but since I haven't been playing anything for the last 4 to 6 months I'm thinking of coming back just to play solo and not care about stats or other characters aside from my old archer.

So should I come back or the game is in an even worse state than 2 years ago(mainly on the stability part) and I should stop thinking about it and play something else(does anyone know any good action rpg?)?

2. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

Default Re: Return

Its even worse.

3. Mercury Straight Male
    IGN: StacknStick
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Phantom
    Guild: Exist
    Alliance: DreamHome
    Farm: ButcherDen
    russia

I think the game is more stable overall, towns are a little too much sometimes. Sure you could come back and learn all the new features; just know that it's gonna be hard playing a two year old character without upgrading, and once that upgrade bug bites it never lets go.

4. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

It's more stable unless you count cc dcs which are incredibly annoying, but seem less frequent that they were a month or two ago.
    P2W us worse than ever due to boss glitches.

If you want to pretend it's a RPG, the game is kind of fun. There's hundreds of quests and tons of areas to explore, but the real problem arises around 165 when you have to start partying for decent exp. If you can play and ignore the hacking, expensive gear, and damage comparisons then it should be fun.

5. Default Re: Return

Is the hacking still spread all over the place to the point you can't hunt X mob for Y quest? Are the quests still bugged to the point where you can't finish them?
    If not then I'll give it a try since sometimes grinding was fun so not that big of a deal for me to just solo.

6. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

I've run across a few botters, especially around Leafre and Future Heny, but certainly nothing that impacts me. They cc when I enter so it's nbd. I'm in GAZED though, so there's next to no hacking anyway due to our relatively low population.

No doubt the are some bugged quests, but I haven't run across any in recent memory aside from the alliance quests for CKs.

7. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

There are still a few botters around, but its not like gamebreaking hacks have not consistently come out. We have had meso exploits, tyrant coin exploits, and a bunch of other ridiculous stuff thats lead the way for a lot of pomegranate to happen and future happenings.

8. Default Re: Return

Word of advice, if someone hands you billions upon billions of free mesos, or items that seem waaaay too good to be true, say no - just say no if you value your account. There have been multiple instances of exploits affecting many players; most recently a meso exploit that has impacted both the exploiters, and innocent people caught in the cross-fire of the ban hammer.

Welcome back, and again if a stranger gives you items that seem abnormal and way too good to be true, or an usual large sum of mesos.. accept, or not at your own risk.

9. Default Re: Return

It wouldn't be Maple if there weren't meso exploits, false bannings, and hackers. If you can't handle it, then I wouldn't play.

10. Neutron Male
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: Merc/Phantom
    Guild: Intensity
    Alliance: DreamHome
    Farm: Armadillo
    usa

There are 2 mindsets that you can come in with when playing maple: playing to be able to do a lot of damage/win the game or just for self fulfillment.

If you want to play for self fulfillment, by all means, do it. There's a lot of new content you would probably enjoy. Even if you only plan on playing one character, you could end up making a lot of other characters for link mules or just to try them out. Just know that this mindset usually devolves into the other one if you're not careful. Otherwise, if liked group bossing/end game things when you last quit, it's probably not worth coming back because that aspect of the game has gone down the pomegranate hole.

Stability-wise, it's better than the period when you quit (i remember how bad that was too). The reasons you quit aren't really a problem anymore, but the game is now sort of boring in the end game (in my personal opinion) and a less populated among a bunch of other new problems.

11. Default Re: Return

Thanks for the replies and the main reason I want to only play my main is to avoid that making alts for stats thing at most I would play my mercedes since I remember her being fun(and its on another account).

12. Default Re: Return

An aside

I wouldn't play the game now, especially if you're already quit. Mostly because you have already escaped the whole addiction aspect and getting into it would be a bit like a relapse and probably not worth it in the end.

13. Default Re: Return

Find something else to do.