1. Default How Viable is Demon Slayer at Bossing?

Basically I'm wondering how good Demon Slayers are at bossing. I notice they use HP up a lot for skills, and it concerns me regarding things such as 1/1 or high hitting bosses. A mistimed cast could mean death.

Thanks in advance.

2. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Default Re: How Viable is Demon Slayer at Bossing?

They are, for the most part, good bossers.

The amount of status resistance they have is ridiculous.
    Binding is very useful in any boss that casts damage reflect as well.

For 1/1's, just use nlc pots or get a pet/perma hp pouch next time they're in the cash shop.

I don't really know a whole lot more about them, since mine is only 120 and I don't play it.

3. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

Demon slayers get achilles though its called obsidian skin for them so 1/1 shouldn't be to much of a problem for them after they get some points in that skill also you wont be allowed to cast a skill that needs hp if you do not have enough hp and you have 1 drain(leech aura) and 1 healing that coincidentaly does dmg(raven storm? been too long sence I've been on mine)

4. Default Re: How Viable is Demon Slayer at Bossing?

Thanks for the input. A pet is probably a good idea since I'm not the best at watching my HP. Good to know they can do well against DR as well, that is the most annoying status effect in the game.

EDIT: @RedRaven16: Great that they get achiles! I'm used to squishy ranged classes so it is nice that this class has a few defensive skills. I'm also glad about skills not working without enough HP, never really tested this because was afraid to actually die xD.

Sounds like this class is probably better at survival than my MM.

5. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

No problem! Autopot is very convenient :D

Yep. As long as you know how to time when to bind, or when the damage reflect of the boss starts, it's very useful. It also can be used right before or after Magic Crash, which is extremely handy if you plan on going bossing with warrior friends or guildmates.

6. Default Re: How Viable is Demon Slayer at Bossing?

It sounds almost like how viable is demon slayers in comparison to X jobs.

Anyways, status resistance wise, they're actually the same as mihile but only slightly wins due to char deck bonus, with a base of 60% resist with buffs (80% with lvl 100 willpower, 83% with a lvl 120 ds deck, can do the same for Mihile for equal resist). The hp draining skills from the DS job is barely noticeable that most of the time you wouldn't even realize you used HP in the first place unless you died. Raven storm already heals 40% of your hp plus does dmg and only costs 30 DF which is easy to get. You can back that up with a leech aura for extra healing. Binding won't save you from DR, but it will give you extra time in advance before DR kicks in. Magic crash is more like your prevention skill which mihile, warr adventurer classes, and phantom has. Auto pot is almost pointless for DS job, I can go almost anywhere and won't even need it, you don't take enough dmg in the game to even care unless its a DR that 1 shots you or does super high dmg. Empress doesn't count because potion cd gets bugged even worse when you slap it with auto pots. The only classes that should use auto pots at all are the "squishy" classes, and DS aren't one of them. The 3 classes that can easily reach cap def with moderate or "average" funding are paladins, demon slayers, and mihile.

This thread or post can go on longer about who does better damage than the other on equal footing with similar abilities, but I won't bore you with that unless you actually want to know about it.

7. Default Re: How Viable is Demon Slayer at Bossing?

DS is one of the worst classes against a single target. In terms of number of hits, Demon Impact is just absolutely terrible. If you reach a certain amount of funding where you cap Impact, you're much better off funding another Warrior at that point unless you really like the class or you need to use its utility in a party or something.

8. Donator Male
    IGN: LnFearNFaith
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 20x
    Job: Loladin/LolDrK
    Guild: Irresistible
    Farm: Amerish
    New_York

Demon Slayers are terrible with 1v1, sadly. Mine is massively funded and i still get yelled at to solo empress minions faster

I do like their utility though, which is why I play mine. 60% Status Resistance is really nice and can be brought to 100% with willpower+resistance pot if you really care that much but I find that my 70% with level 50 willpower works fine. Bind is very useful for bosses that damage reflect or just to freeze everything to give people some time on pot cooldown or seduce timer. During pot cooldown areas raven is great. If you really care about damage just go make a Hero as demon slayers damage is really lackluster.

9. Default Re: How Viable is Demon Slayer at Bossing?

Thanks guys. Shame it is bad on 1v1 but I really like the playstyle of it. The utility buffs look really useful as well, so will give it a shot and see how it fares in 4th job.

10. Default Re: How Viable is Demon Slayer at Bossing?

Short version is DS atks too slow, you can just grab a Mihile for the same resistance and does way better output than a DS. Next comes phantom, but just about everyone uses one already unless you going to hop on the bandwagon as well. Just don't bother with phantom unless you have decent funding though. Heroes are actually poor for most bosses that even seduce or have potion CD because they lack the defense and HP unless you HP wash of course. Their damage is great though, don't get me wrong.