1. Default Reporting System Revamped

Instead of an empty text box when you try to report someone you'll now receive a drop down of options like so;

To help provide concise and specific reports without making you think about phrasing.

Some options will also present a text area to include additional information, such as why you think a thread should be reopened/bumped;

This new reporting system allows mods to more effectively deal with reports, and actually keeps track of who is working on them, and whether they are open, in progress, or closed, and allows the moderators to give feedback on the reports.

When your report is closed, it will be placed in one of the following three statuses;

Addressed - Appropriate action has been taken at the moderator's discretion.
    Request Completed - The request has been completed.
    Unwarranted - Intervention was deemed unnecessary.

And a PM will be sent to you from Notify, indicating the status of your report and any additional feedback from the handling moderator.
    Last edited by Eos; 2014-01-01 at 05:08 PM.

2. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Default Re: Reporting System Revamped

It's a pretty neat system now.
    I like the notification part of it the most.

Not sure how I feel about the removal of the additional information from most options though

3. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

Tried to report your post to see it for myself and was pleasantly surprised to get this:

4. Default Re: Reporting System Revamped

I enjoyed using the new report system. I feel that it will cut down on garbled half-English reports about nonsense.

5. Trump minus th money

oh that's been around for quite some time now.

6. Default Re: Reporting System Revamped

Ever since a certain user decided the reporting system was their personal means of spamming me with accusations of breaking the rules.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Hey!
    Southperry users are generally literate enough that the old reports were rarely "garbled half-English". However, we did have our share of reports "about nonsense", mostly breaking of rules that don't exist (such as bypassing the curse filter). Hopefully, having this list of reasons to report, will cut down on those.

8. Default Re: Reporting System Revamped

If only I had some way of having first hand experience with these legible reports of yesteryear.

9. Default Re: Reporting System Revamped

And occasional random reply to a thread that's been typed into a report form...

10. Trump minus th money

Hm.
    Isn't that kind of a required rule for all recognized MapleStory fansites?

11. Default Re: Reporting System Revamped

No? I can call someone a shitty fucking player all I want. It makes me look like a dick, but Nexon doesn't give a fuck. Basilmarket has a dick up their ass about cursing, but nowhere else does (that matters).

12. Default Re: Reporting System Revamped

Do you see that in their agreement somewhere?

13. Trump minus th money

coulda sworn they had "profane" in there in addition to obscene and indecent, at one time.

When Tyler started putting in his (poorly executed) censor in his mapler.me site I was put into the impression that it was a requirement, as that's pretty much exactly what he said when I questioned him on it. Well I need to learn to listen to Tyler a lot less.

14. Default Re: Reporting System Revamped

Even Nexon has to bow to the realities of the internet. They can barely police their own sites to that degree.

15. Trump minus th money

but they have 6 volunteers, four of which carry out their duties to an obsessive degree.