Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Server!

1. Default New Server!

Hello Southperry, and welcome to our new server!

I have moved Southperry to a completely new server which offers me more functionality and control than before. It will be much easier for me to do updates to the web server as well as roll out new features for users. As an example, the Market system will be debuting soon for donors as well as new and exciting changes that every usergroup can enjoy.

While moving to the new server, it also makes sense to move to a different IRC platform. Southperry’s official IRC will be moving to GameSurge, a popular and robust IRC network. I will have a new guide coming up on how to register for GameSurge in the next few days as it is a bit different than what you guys may be used to. However, it’s all for the better!

Lastly, with the new server change there will likely be some more kinks here and there due to the move. I will be ironing out these bugs in the days to come (most of them involve user options not working – easy for me to fix). If you see an error, please let me know about it.

While I am talking about news, I would also like to discuss a change in administration: IsaacGS will be leaving us! Isaac, I’m sure I speak for my users here when we say that we’re sad to see you go and you’re always welcome here at Southperry. Thank you for all of the support and care you’ve brought to this site. I do hope that you will check in from time to time?

2. Default

What about the remainder of the administration?

3. Default

It's a shame Isaac is leaving, and Southperry is leaving our other server. I'll miss that server, we had good times on it.

4. Default

I having this feeling I missed someone important that's none of my business.

5. Default

Spoiler

6. Default

Greg on the far right.

7. I AM NOW "Mute"
    IGN: Stephen
    Server: U.S.A.
    Level: 21
    Job: None
    Guild: No where
    Alliance: Unemployment
    ireland

Wait, when did our pet bulldog get out of his kennel; mommy, can we go looking for him?

8. Default

Decided to reread this post with Duke Nukem's "BALLS OF STEEL" looping in the backround. It fit in quite well.

9. Meme Oppressor Bi Transgender - Female to Male
    IGN: AyakoChan
    Server: E. Luna
    Level: 209
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Labyrinth
    Alliance: Labylicious
    Farm: Youjo
    uk

Bye Isaac (*´-`*)// <-- emote i sometimes use in EMS
    And...
    THIS. IS. 100TH THREAD IN THIS CATEGORYYYYY!!

10. Default a

Wasn't really planning to do this now, but I guess it's as good a time as any...

There are a combination of factors at work that led to this decision. Several months ago my old laptop at last kicked the bucket. It made it difficult for me to do the kinds of things I needed to do for SP. I couldn't really extract anymore. Wasn't a lot of time to be on for a while. Eventually I found other things to fill my time. Pretty soon, I was spending less and less time around here. The content of the patches wasn't even interesting. So much worthless stuff coming out in both GMS and KMST... it's pretty obvious there was not going to be any content that would hold my interest for almost a year. So... I just didn't really follow it anymore.

Then there's the constant drama. Almost every month, without fail, something new and horrible cropped up that we'd have to deal with. It was really starting to weigh on me after a year of this. People I never did anything to were causing trouble for reasons I couldn't fathom. It's pretty much impossible to please everyone, as i'm sure we all realize, but it's especially trying when people can't comprehend the full reasoning that had to go into the decisions, and they can't ever really know. I gotta say if there's one thing I learned from SP, it's a big respect for people in actual leadership positions where they have to deal with much worse every day. It's no wonder presidents tend to go gray in those 4 years. By the end it was getting to the point where I would dread seeing a PM in my inbox because it almost certainly meant that a new stressor had appeared. Things probably shouldn't have gotten to me as much as they did, but there's not a lot I could do about it. It's just how I am.

Another thing is that I changed colleges in this time as well, and have to build up social relationships from scratch. Haven't had much luck with that yet, but it's also because I haven't been trying. In a lot of ways I had been avoiding it, but now I realize that. I hadn't been happy with the way things were in my life for... quite a while now. The only way to remedy that is to make big changes. It seemed to me that the first step was to close the old chapter for good, and put my full attentions towards the future.

lastly, a pretty drastic increase in the difficulty of my classes as of late has dominated my attention. Kinda took on more than I should have this semester. It's at the point where I must get started with my major and the initial workload is high. I have so many classes packed into the middle of the week that they all blend together into one long day. Combined with some of the other personal issues that have cropped up since the start of the year, it's only made things worse.

So, when Fiel and I talked about it, the time seemed right. I need to go my own way and lay this aside. Everyone's gotta do it sometime. It's been rough sometimes, but it's also been a lot of fun with you guys. I don't want to go through and list people by name, it doesn't seem right; Too many people to do that for anyway, but you all know who you are. I won't disappear immediately, but it won't be long.

So long everyone!

11. Default

I have to say. It's been great having you around here. But, like you said, we all go though chapters. This one is just over for you and a new one is going to unfold. I wish you the best of luck with your ventures! :)

12. Default

Good luck Isaac.

Will the rolled back posts be restored?

13. Default

Likely not.

I'm sure I know what you're worried about - the topic that you made before. Since there was no way you could have known this was going to happen, I backed up your topic.

14. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I was always more of a cat person.

Bye isaac. :[