IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

Default Can't port forward even if there was a gun stuck to my head

I'm trying to port forward port 80 and either I'm overlooking some small details or I'm just plain retarded; I can't seem to get it to work.
    I'm using Netgear R7000 (Nighthawk) and I'm on an Ethernet connection.

I don't know what could have possibly gone wrong? I've allowed the connection on Windows Firewall. I've tried enabling/disabling DOS Protection, Port Scanning, DMZ and a multitude of other features. Comcast doesn't block port 80 so it can't be that.
    http://www.canyouseeme.org/ says Connection timed out.

I've port forwarded successfully before on stock routers that ISPs give out but this is first time trying on this router (self-bought).

2. Default Re: Can't port forward even if there was a gun stuck to my head

Why did the 4th field in the server IP address automatically assign itself a 2? Is your internal IP address truly 192.168.1.2? That may be the main problem there.

3. Default Re: Can't port forward even if there was a gun stuck to my head

No it isnt? The modem should be 192.168.1.1. If he was the first device to connect to the network, the modem would have given him 192.168.1.2. He is telling the modem that any incoming connection for port 80 should be directed to his computer at 192.168.1.2.

@maplefreak26; out of sheer curiosity, you ARE trying to connect to your external address, right?

Edit: one more thing I should mention. Are you 100% sure that Comcast doesn't block incoming port 80 connections? I know that certain ISP's REALLY don't like servers on their residential internet (it is usually stated in their TOS) and may just block it by default.

Edit: forgot the 1

4. Default Re: Can't port forward even if there was a gun stuck to my head

Why do you think I made that a question? he has the 4th field empty in the screenshot, and didnt give much info. Also your post is contradictory. You say the modem itself is 192.168.1.2, but then say his computer should be that as well. Which is it?

5. Default Re: Can't port forward even if there was a gun stuck to my head

The fourth octet is open because that is the form to add an address. He already added his computer and is showing us the result of adding it.

Form for adding designated "services"

List of ports opened

I accidentally put a 2 when I meant 1. The modem is 1 and his desktop is 2.

6. Idiot. Male
    California

Default Re: Can't port forward even if there was a gun stuck to my head

My internal IP address is 192.168.1.2, sorry if I wasn't clear.

I'm trying to get it so others can connect to me; my port 80 when looked on the outside is closed and not open. Apache is on, it's listening just fine, I can connect to myself internally through the internal address but checking those port checker websites and Incapsula & Cloudflare will report that my site is down and can't be connected to.
    I am absolutely positive that Comcast doesn't block incoming port 80 connections as I've done it before, we did change a few things (nothing related to the router/modem, on a service level) but that couldn't have possibly affected what is blocked. I even checked on a website that would go in-depth and all and all ports returned as STEALTH (disabling port scan would tell me something else but it didn't change the fact that no one could connect to me) and IIRC, if it was blocked it would be CLOSED. I even tried other ports, I opened up 3306 for a few minutes to test and it didn't work. I turned on Remote Management temporarily and asked the websites to scan the port of the remote management port and it all reported as OPEN. So, it's probably my fault that it won't open up.

7. Idiot. Male
    California

Default Re: Can't port forward even if there was a gun stuck to my head

FIXED IT!

I'm overjoyed.

Turns out, when i connected my Ethernet port I either misclicked or Windows automatically set itself to a public network, which blocks certain things.

Thanks to http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...ndows-8-a.html
    I've set me network to be a Private network (which is just turning on sharing/network discovery stuff) and it works now!

/close thread