IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Default L>Scrolling Advice

I want to transfer stats of 140 Pole Arm to Sweetwater Polearm. I'm terrible at making decisions and despite playing for 7 years I lack experiance in scrolling.

I have 2 Partisans at the moment:

Untradeable 174 Att, 3lined Unique (1 slot away from perfected with 5att scrolls, hammered twice, 1 enhancement)
    Tradeable 174 Att, 2lined Rare, (4/8 8att scrolls succeeded, U/H, 5 enhancements)

The question is, Should I...?

A) Innocence and re-scroll my Unique Partisan with 8 att RED scrolls and move stats to Sweetwater

Benefit here is that it's Unique 3 lined. Problem here is that it's untradeable which makes scrolling much harder. I'm out of 5 star EEs on my main and also limited to a single innocence scroll, since those are untradeable.

B) Transfer stats of 174 tradeable partisan to Sweetwater, epic scroll and cube potential

Pros here are that the Pole Arm already has 5 stars (don't ask why I EE'd a crappy PA... ragescrolled it on a mule after exploding my better partisan due to forgetting prot). It's also tradeable which means I have 600 more RED coins in my use from Zero and other characters. Problem here is obviously the amount of failed slots. With no easy slates available, it will take a long time trying to get back 4 slots (6 if hammers fail). Potential is also terrible, 2 lined rare.

C) Buy a new clean Partisan and try scrolling it, then upgrade to Sweetwater

D) Scroll Clean Sweetwater Pole Arm without transfering any stats

E) Something else, suggest below...

Help me Maple geniuses

2. Default Re: L>Scrolling Advice

The points of having the transposition system are: (1) you save money trying to re-scroll another weapon, and (2) you gain one more enhancement "slot", (3) you can "overscroll" the Sweetwater because Lionheart Partisan has more slots than the Sweetwater, and (4) you don't need to recube.

I'd say you are pretty screwed here. Both weapons are far from "perfect", stats-wise. The obvious questions to ask are: how much money are you willing to dump on this weapon, and how perfect do you want it?

Think about it: how many coins/how much can you spend to get this Partisan to become perfect? What about (re)-cubing costs? Must you have that 10 scrolls passed? You still need to factor in the costs of hammering the weapon. [@Grey; if the source material is hammered, the product sweetwater is also hammered too right?] There probably will be some future events providing 5-star scrolls I feel.

ITT slating back all the slots from the second Partisan is going to be hellishly expensive. But if you innocence your first Partisan, you need to re-hammer them. I would estimate the costs of re-doing the first to be lower than the second.

You might want to consider trawling the FM in search of a (near)perfect-scrolled weapon and transpose it. Your costs might even out that way. Sorry I can't offer anything better, because I suck at scrolling (I failed 3/4 +8 scrolls on my Loveless BB...) and I don't do this kind of stuff much.

Hadriel

3. Default Re: L>Scrolling Advice

Yep.

If it were me, I'd go with C, but that's not exactly the most cost effective option.

You should either do what hadriel said and buy a perfect scrolled weapon from the FM, or maybe just scroll the Sweetwater and see what that gets you and decide whether or not you still wish to transpose onto it, you could very well get lucky and pass most of the slots, but this way you'll always be missing at least 5~8atk, plus potentially attack from enhancements, as +9 with 8atks on an average polearm would get you to 244, just shy of the threshold for +6 attack enhancements.

4. Default Re: L>Scrolling Advice

D) Scroll Clean Sweetwater Pole Arm without transfering any stats

this would be the easiest way.. even having a clean Sweet water for you would be an upgrade ._. so, go ahead! but chances are... you will get again a polearm with 3/7 or 4/7 instead of a perfect one..

if you want a perfect 9/9 you have to spend some cash

5. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    finland

Default Re: L>Scrolling Advice

The cons I see with scrolling straight on sweetwater is that if it fails badly I would need to pay 100 RED coins for innocence. Whereas if I scroll partisan I can start clean 100% for 70-90mil buying another clean partisan in FM. There's also 1 slot more room for mistake in 8 slots than 7 assuming I'm not going for perfected before transposition.

I'm also wondering what the rate of success for transposing is. I heard you only lose 10 of those coins though if it fails, can I try again right away or is there some kind of waiting thing?

6. Default Re: L>Scrolling Advice

If you fail scrolling the sweetwater, you could just scroll a partisan to transpose over the terrible scrolling instead of bothering with innocence, I'm pretty sure.

It's 3% through the NPC, 10 denaro each, 10 attempts per day. 50% through the anvil that drops from bosses.

7. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    finland

Default Re: L>Scrolling Advice

3%? Is that confirmed? That sounds horrible considering my luck ._. and @Mazz is a REALLY lucky guy then...?

I wonder why the transposing window says absolutely nothing about failure rate :/

8. Default Re: L>Scrolling Advice

It's what the data says, I wouldn't exactly call it confirmation since while the data on our end should reflect the data on Nexon's end, it doesn't have to. Presumably, it doesn't say anything about the failure rate because both the NPC and the Anvil use the same UI and they don't have the same success rate.