• Buccaneer. Gumo gumo no gatling!

1 3.33%
  • Phantom. The Megaman of Maplestory

19 63.33%
  • Mechanic. Robots! Mecha! MORE DAKKA!

1 3.33%
  • Dual Blade. Can't touch this.

10 33.33%
  • Mercedes. Fighting with style and endless arrows.

4 13.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Default Best end-game boss class/mob class out of these 5?

I already have a 200 Bucc, but I also find enjoyment in playing my Mech/Dual Blade/Phantom a lot as well. I'm also in the midst of leveling a Mercedes in my spare time. Now the thing is, in terms of pure game and class mechanics, which one would be overall best for smashing bosses and shredding mobs up? I'll put a poll up. The reason I ask is that I want to make the best use out of my mesos and possibly NX, since I don't want to be class hopping in finding that one bossing class.

From what I read, Phantom is probably the best due to sheer versatility. However, I know Mechanics are getting buffed soon, and Phantoms are getting nerfed soon. Mechanics will get about +40% more damage (passive + Overtune), 30% PDR ignore, 10% more HP (more survivability), Double Dice, and summons will last even longer. Phantoms will lose some duration to their stolen buffs, there will be a cooldown implemented in skill swapping, and other nerfs here and there.

Dual Blade and Mercedes I know are strong, but from what I read they both don't do so well at Empress. However, I still enjoy their fast and furious playstyle. I'm sure however, that with max avoid all other bosses in the game won't be able to touch either classes.

Buccs I already know they aren't exactly the best boss killers, since they're far better at mob killing. However he's still the highest level person I got.

2. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: SeeMeTwice
    Server: Scania
    Job: Band of Thieves
    Guild: Perpetual ~ Nocti
    Farm: Wisteria ~ Mississippi
    Mississippi

Default Re: Best end-game boss class/mob class out of these 5?

Who.. told you DB were bad at empress? They're quite possibly the best at Empress.

Best end-game mobbing would be Phantom. Overall I'd go with Phantom. They have the best mobbing by a long shot, and their versatility is outstanding. They can survive great as well. The only thing that holds them back at Empress is Carte Noir triggering DR (from what I've heard), but I'm sure that just takes getting used to.

The best 1v1 would be either Mech or Merc. They have the 2 highest hits per second IIRC. I'm not sure which tops the other, so if you want 1v1 solely, you should probably choose one of those. Mechs I hear loose out on a good bit of real DPM because of summon set-ups and all that, but I've never bossed with one, so I can't truly say.

Buccaneers from my understanding are fairly easy to max with, but have less hits/sec than the rest. They have a fun style, and their mobbing is great. They're like the middle of the road for both areas here.

Dual Blades are (IIRC) 3rd/4th in hits/sec 1v1, and are much much easier to cap with than Mercedes, Mechs, or Shads. They have the best survivability anywhere rivaled by only Phantom. They also have decent mobbing.

Spoiler

3. Default Re: Best end-game boss class/mob class out of these 5?

Carte Noir doesn't trigger DR, its just that when you stop too late and let it fly out when she casts DR obviously you'd die from an attack you inflicted on yourself. It's the same with merc's FA, warr's, arans, wh's, etc, you just need to know when to stop early.

As for DB's mobbing part, while most people wouldn't have any problems at all with decent computers, I think maybe win7 users should all be fine too but, I don't have enough experience to say otherwise (I'd probably just choose the "decent computers" part) but, the mobbing of a DB is either bugged up or nexon just being lazy to fix their lag issues when using blade fury. Anyone with a decent computer wouldn't notice it unless you have say more than one DB using blade fury in a party run which causes quite a bit of lag and stupid extra loud sound effects. As far as I know, KMS doesn't have the old sudden raid sound effect like we do, but I don't know if they have the lag issue either. I probably should report about it I guess. That's the only demerit I have of a DB though, the rest works out just fine.

4. Default Re: Best end-game boss class/mob class out of these 5?

Mechanics aren't too great soloing and their survivability isn't too great. I'm wondering I they will change Hero's Will to work while in Siege mode...

DBs have fantastic mobbing, 1v1, and survivability. One gimmick I like is that CoH doesn't trigger DR so you could CoH spam before DR triggers and cut it really close and you have something to do while you wait for DR to end.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon

Wow, no love for Mechanics.

Just deducing from the fact Empress is probably the only boss accurate enough to hit them, and I hear it gets worse once she applies Potential Lock and dips down that avoid.

They aren't? I thought their plethora of robot summons would help with that. Granted they don't have crazy avoid and their HP is about the same, but they can get a healing robot to keep them up, and teleports to zip around the boss. I saw a Mech soloing Empress where the person used teleports to avoid an attack of hers by going from the left side of the map to the right in but an instant.

6. Default Re: Best end-game boss class/mob class out of these 5?

Well they have Pirate HP with medium low defense. Hero's Will can't be activated during siege so you're dead if you get seduced. I don't believe they have any natural form of status resistance so that'll hurt them.

That Mechanic who solo'd the Chief Knights had more HP than @ShinkuDragon; and she was getting help from a DrK mule in the form of HB and Magic Crash so it wasn't a true solo. Unless you plan to ultra wash your HP, Mechanics will be too squishy to have a reliable solo experience.

7. Default Re: Best end-game boss class/mob class out of these 5?

with 180k range, a DB can solo empress fully after the hyper patch.

8. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

just a pointer* if she had more HB than me, i'm sure she would have been able to wash even harder and not need HB, she took the DrK only for crash i'd say, HB as a "money-saving bonus"

9. Orbital Bee Cannon

So I see.

And speak of the devil, I didn't see she brought a DrK mule with her; nor did I see she had 45k HP buffed. That's what I get for viewing the Empress solo on my phone. Admittedly, the solo is less impressive now. Still quite something nonetheless to have so much HP she can honey badger most of the gimmicks. I assume for the alchemy pots she's using two +5,000 HP pots, or they can't stack like that?

10. Default Re: Best end-game boss class/mob class out of these 5?

Don't be discouraged though: Mechanic is probably the most fun class I've ever played next to DrKs ;p. They're amazing in parties, just not terribly great solo.

11. Donator Straight Male
    panama

wait, if the mech had only 45k hp she didn't have more hp than me (she DID wash more though*)

and i hate mechs, i find them so boring for some reason, the idea of getting one to 100 for the set effect is horrible for me

12. Default Re: Best end-game boss class/mob class out of these 5?

I recalled she had 70k after HB or something but I guess I remembered wrong :s.

Mechanic is all about the tank: you can't say you have experienced Mechanics unless you get your shiny tank :p. 1st Job Mechanic lasts until lvl119; boss class mechanic starts at lvl120~

13. Default Re: Best end-game boss class/mob class out of these 5?

Although I will admit that I do have decent funds for my own character and I have knocked out at least half or more of his gears off, even under potential lock I still pack about 3k avoid on my DB and still dodge Empress efficiently enough that I sit in her body all day even with it on. If I want to be safe I have mirror target out to absorb damage like a BM. If that fails me then I simply use a potion, or next best thing which is vampire which easily absorbs enough hp even with potential lock (I do have it maxed though). To be realistic here, you only need 5k avoid on a DB to dodge her 95%-99% of the time and with 3k avoid I'm still dodging at nearly 85% still. Also to add more to this, Empress does not have good accuracy at all, the bosses you'd count for high accuracy are chaos pink bean, hard mode hilla, hard mode magnus and aswan (if you even want to count that totem as a fake boss at all). If you seriously do need to dodge you can just spam CoH for its nearly infinite invincibility frames backed up with being able to even dodge DR dmg.

14. Orbital Bee Cannon

This is soooo true. Mechs jump exponentially in power once the Tank mode is achieved. Now granted Tank mode loses some mobility, but it loses some mobility for a huge increase in power in both single target as well as mobbing. It's also far better looking than pre-4th job Siege mode. :y

15. Donator Straight Male
    panama

there lies my issue i guess ._. i love mobility, and i have no reason to train a mech past fourth.

16. Default Re: Best end-game boss class/mob class out of these 5?

Evan. They have a dragon. Nothing else matters.

Not that I'm biased.

17. Default Re: Best end-game boss class/mob class out of these 5?

Phantom are currently the best at 1v1 IMO.

18. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Mob wise, I think it'll be Angelic Burster when it comes out.

I may be wrong but yeah.

19. Default Re: Best end-game boss class/mob class out of these 5?

That's my issue as well, the more you upgrade, the faster things die and power matters less than mobility =/. Of course when you're hunting bosses they barely go anywhere so it doesn't matter there.