1. Default Starcraft 2 Crashing entire PC?

I've had starcraft 2 for a really long time now and I have never had it crash my PC. Yesterday I got a new monitor and I have just started playing in 1920 x 1080. The game runs fine with no lag or stutters or problems like that, but randomly throughout the game my PC just turns off. I figured it was the fan since I had my laptop in the back of my desk, so I turned it around to face outwards so the fan won't be blocked or anything. But it is still randomly just turning off my laptop. Does anyone know why this is happening?

My PC is a ASUS k53sv-xr1.

2. Default Re: Starcraft 2 Crashing entire PC?

>pc just turns off

it's overheating

3. Default Re: Starcraft 2 Crashing entire PC?

Is it because of the new monitor? Or just... it's overheating. That's all there is to it. I have all the vents facing away from the desk... hmm.

4. Default Re: Starcraft 2 Crashing entire PC?

Your computer probably can't handle rendering in that resolution for too long. I don't know why, though. Your computer should be able to handle it. If you can, check the temperature of your computer while you play SCII.

5. Default Re: Starcraft 2 Crashing entire PC?

I played other games like Mabinogi and Minecraft in 1920 x 1080 and no problems there... well then again I didn't play them for as long as Starcraft... but still.

How do I check the Temp?

6. Default Re: Starcraft 2 Crashing entire PC?

I highly doubt Mabinogi and Minecraft are as taxing on your processing power as Starcraft.

I do it with Defraggler, there's probably a way to check it with a Windows utility as well.