IGN: Verrijzenis
    Server: Scania
    Level: 230
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: Scandalous
    Alliance: Scandalous
    Farm: Hollywood
    usa

Default Secondary Weapon Nebbing: Boss % or PDR?

I need some help deciding whether to neb my shield with boss damage % or PDR. Some things to note:

- I'm a bishop.
    - I have ~1.67m clean range atm -- meaning; don't assume I don't intend to boss.
    - Current stats:
    Boss: 178%
    PDR: 65%
    Another thing that's noteworthy is that I currently don't have a 2nd pendant, but once I get that, I'll have 208% boss and 65% PDR + (30% PDR curtailed/reduced by however that works now). I think my primary concern is attaining the proper "balance" between the two, which is difficult to know, especially since applied PDR is reduced now.

Thanks!

2. Default Re: Secondary Weapon Nebbing: Boss % or PDR?

What are the lines on your Emblem? The PDR will definitely benefit you the most, but Emblems really only have two useful lines (or three if you need the Critical Rate), % Att/M.Att and PDR, so I would say try to aim for a line of 30-40% on there rather than using up a Nebulite slot. A line of 30-40% on top of what you'd gain from the second pendant slot will put you right around where you'd want to be. Then you can go for a Boss Nebulite instead.
    And for future refernce, PDR is and always was multiplicative, it just didn't display correctly in the previous UI. I don't know how exactly it all multiplies together, though.

3. Default Re: Secondary Weapon Nebbing: Boss % or PDR?

Well going off my pdr, it can be seen as such:

Haku gives 40%
    Codex is 30% so 30% of the remaining 60% is 18.
    weapon is 31%~ so 30%(rounded down) of the remaining 42 is 12.6.
    luminous is 15% so 15% of the remaining ~30 is 4.5.
    gollux set is 15% (reinforced) so 15% of the remaining 25 is 3.75.
    then iirc RA helm is like 10% pdr so 10% of the remaining 22% 2.2
    top is 5% 5% of the remaining ~20% is 1.
    bottom is 5% , 5% of the remaining 19% is approx 1 (.95).
    6% pirate set thing so 6% of 18% is 1.08.

I also have about 2-3 random 4% pdr scattered across items. Not on maple now to even check.
    Basically :
    40+18+12.6+4.5+3.75+2.2+1+1+1= 84.05 and as I said, random other pdr adds to total the 86% pdr I have on Kanna.

There's easier ways of figuring it out but this is the most easiest way to grasp what you're doing imo.

4. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Secondary Weapon Nebbing: Boss % or PDR?

You don't have over 200% boss right now with 250%+ being ideal, and you're a bishop so that means you have a lot more def ignore coming from skills that aren't accounted for.

Boss damage neb.

5. Default Re: Secondary Weapon Nebbing: Boss % or PDR?

1 - ( (1-PDR1)*(1-PDR2)*...*(1-PDRn) )

Might be easier and is the method that I use when computing.

6. Proton Male
    usa

My emblem is unique and the lines are: 9% m.att/6% INT/6% INT, with another 6% m.att on b-pot. The thing with that is I don't know if I intend to recube the emblem yet, and if I were to, I'd sooner settle for more m.att over PDR.

Well, the reason I mentioned the 2nd pend was so it could be taken for granted I had over 200% boss, but I get that 250% would be ideal. The only boss-wise skill w/ PDR I can account for is Righteously Indignant (hyper), with 20% PDR. I'll try to break it down like @Singaporean did.

7. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Arcane aim (20%), big bang (10% stacked), and then hyper skill. Not a whole lot but still more than the skill window accounts for.

8. Default Re: Secondary Weapon Nebbing: Boss % or PDR?

Keep in mind: %Boss affects all bosses that you fight equally. %IgnorePDR is dependent on the boss you fight.

If you want such a detailed breakdown, you need to state explicitly all your sources of %IgnorePDR, %Boss and %TotalDMG, and don't forget all your cards and Link skills. Plus your intended bosses to fight.

Hadriel

9. Default Re: Secondary Weapon Nebbing: Boss % or PDR?

1v1 by themselves, boss neb 20% (25%) is better than ignore def 21%, so only outside factors will swap this.
    most class can get away with natural skill and all link skill/char card ignore def, plus, if you're using those anyway, the multiplicative formula will reduce each source effectiveness anyway.

boss-wise, you dont really need ignore def unless you're headed towards hard magnus, chaos RA, and their 300% PDR. most players i talk to, about end game bossing, have two sets of weapons (2ndary). either (%boss & %att for grind), or (%ignore for boss & %boss for boss) swapping out your secondary with 40%/30% Ign Def is more than adequate, for any boss that NEEDs the extra ignore.

10. Proton Male
    usa

Sorry for the delay in a response -- finally sat down to make a detailed list.

I'll account for the ones that apply to the skills I'll be using below.

Sources of %IgnorePDR:

- 20% - Arcane Aim (SKILL)
    - 10% - Big Bang (SKILL)
    - 20% - Righteously Indignant (SKILL; in conjunction w/ Angel Ray; for bossing)
    - 30% - Gollux Set
    - 10% - RA hat
    - 10% - FA wand
    - 5% - RA top
    - 5% - RA bottom
    - 15% - Luminous link skill

Sources of %Boss:

- 30% - Gollux set
    - 30% - RA set
    - 115% - FA wand
    - 15% - DS link skill
    - 7% - BT link skill
    - 10% - AB hyper skill

Sources of %TotalDMG:

- 10% - Epic Adventure (SKILL)
    [- 5% - Blessed Harmony (SKILL; 5% dmg per party member buffed)]
    - 15% - VIP shield
    - 10% - Kanna link skill
    - 10% - DA link skill

Sources of %TotalMagicATT:

- 21% - Emblem
    ---

As for which bosses, I have no specific intentions or bosses in mind; I simply want to know what the best choice/outset is for me.

11. GLADIGATORS
    usa

But..."the best choice/outset" is determined by the level of boss you would want to fight. If you're only doing daily bosses %boss is probably the answer. If you're doing weekly bosses sans easy magnus then def ignore is probably the answer.

12. Default Re: Secondary Weapon Nebbing: Boss % or PDR?

Another 30%PDR line would give you a 10% increase in DPS against a 100%PDR boss, and for a 70%PDR boss it will be about 6.38% (it's a reasonably linear scale, give take 1%).

40%Boss gives you 15.6% increase in DPS, and 30%Boss gives you 11.7% increase in DPS (it's a perfectly linear relationship).

Hadriel

13. Default Re: Secondary Weapon Nebbing: Boss % or PDR?

Adding on to what @hadriel said another 30% PDR would increase your damage by 90% against C Vellum who has 300% PDR. You'd also get a 22% damage increase against whatever boss has 170% PDR.

If you intend to do CRA, a single line of PDR will increase your damage far more than another line of %attack.