IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Catholic Hospital Says Fetus Isn't Human Life

Something religious contradicting itself?

WHAT MADNESS.

2. Default Re: Catholic Hospital Says Fetus Isn't Human Life

As strong of an issue as Abortion is, I think this is pretty news worthy of how extreme they essentially did a 180 for their own financial benefit.

3. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Someone can tell me whats going on? (I hate videos)

4. Default Re: Catholic Hospital Says Fetus Isn't Human Life

Catholic church was hospitalizing a pregnant female with twins, she started having massive heart failure, she asked for a c-section to save the twins, they refused. Father suing because they refused as manslaughter, they are claiming that a fetus is not a "person".

5. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Catholic church is some kinda joke these days.
    Should Narco criminals be forgiven?
    I mean seriously, I know Jesus tried to taught us to forgive and appreciate any kind of living being. But some people are just monstrosities.

6. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Religious people always pick and choose what laws and rules are relevant to them in their religion.

Deciding "Oh no wait, fetuses aren't alive or human" to get out of a legal case is sadly indicative of that in my opinion.

7. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

I love how you can sometimes use their own words and thoughts against them.

8. Default Re: Catholic Hospital Says Fetus Isn't Human Life

Be careful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasty_generalization

Although this is quite hilarious. I've really given up on both sides of the abortion debate.

9. Default Re: Catholic Hospital Says Fetus Isn't Human Life

Me too, especially when some people insist that pro-choice= Pro-abortion. What?

10. Default Re: Catholic Hospital Says Fetus Isn't Human Life

There should be a "pro-don't care" side in this debate.

11. Default Re: Catholic Hospital Says Fetus Isn't Human Life

There should be an official pro-whatever side in every debate from now on. I swear, reading the absurd arguments on both sides just makes me want to ignore them even when I was leaning towards one side previously.

12. Default Re: Catholic Hospital Says Fetus Isn't Human Life

Big rule of rhetoric: Always frame your position as "pro" something. being "anti" something sounds too negative.

There used to be abortion displays on my campus and everyone (both sides) were really rude to each other.

13. Default Re: Catholic Hospital Says Fetus Isn't Human Life

Even if it's pro-apathy? I can only imagine that, but then again some people mistake debates for an ego battle to show who's right and who's an asshat and wrong, when in truth that behaviour also makes you an asshat.

14. Default Re: Catholic Hospital Says Fetus Isn't Human Life

wait, i thought catholics were agaisnt abortion because 'it is life' ???

15. Default Re: Catholic Hospital Says Fetus Isn't Human Life

Not watching video because I'm at my Department now... but... wait the hospital is a Catholic church (or the other way round)? Or the church is in charge of hospitalizing the mother?

I seriously don't understand how this would be possible if it weren't either of these two. A professional duty must come before a religious duty (if the doctors were Catholic, that is... I can understand if a Catholic doctor refused to perform abortion), else the doctor / hospital is medically unprofessional. Even to err on the religious side of caution would imply saving the twins (do not take lives) =.= Furthermore the one to provide the permission in a professional setting is the direct kin (i.e. the father), not the church! What's going on??

Probably the only viable reason to not perform a C-section is that there was too little time and the mother is too weak to handle a C-section, such that a C-section would carry a significant risk of all three [lives/person] dying, whereas not havnig a C-section would at least save the mother's life.

Hadriel

16. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

That would be the point of this thread.

17. Default Re: Catholic Hospital Says Fetus Isn't Human Life

..That's the joke

I"M PRO "THIS IS MY VAGINA, I DO WHAT I WANT"

Pregnant mother was giving birth, her heart was failing, she was at a catholic hospital, who believes that the moment there's fertilization, then it's a "person", refused to do a c-section to see if they could save the kids, claiming, in the court at least, they are simply "fetus'" which directly contradicts their very loud stance against this issue.

18. Default Re: Catholic Hospital Says Fetus Isn't Human Life

Ok that's all the clarification I needed. Thanks.

Hadriel

19. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

They are not saying a fetus is not a person.
    They are saying that by Colorado law a fetus is not a person.
    Basically, they're saying to the Colorado court: "Don't you be hypocrites. If you don't convict abortion doctors of murder, you can't convict us of wrongful death, either."

As for how they justify not trying to save those babies to God, that is between them and their confessors.

That's if the whole thing even happened. Sounds too much like a reductio ad absurdum argument of the type anti-abortionists like to make.