Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default KMST 1.2.481 Skill Patch Notes

<Skill Related>
    1. Maple Hero and Hero's Will no longer require skill books. They will be automatically in your skill list when you job advance.
    2. Adventurer Warrior Skill Changes:
      • 3rd - White Knight
      • Blessing Armor: Despite this skill being a staple buff, it currently does not activate from %HP based attacks, resulting in lower effectiveness against certain bosses. This has been ammended. Along with this, while it is active, it can reduce the damage taken from %HP attacks.
      • 4th - Paladin
      • Advanced Charge: When learned, this skill increases the number of hits for Charge Skills. For single target, Blast is the intended attacking skill, and for large number of targets, Divine Charge is the primary attack; however, Blast is unaffected by Advanced Charge, and for the sake of balance, it will now have its hit count increased as well. In order to improve the difference between the 2nd and 4th job bonuses from Elemental Charges, the damage increase from Advanced Charge has been increased.
      • Void Elemental: Similarly to Advanced Charge, Void Elemental will now cause Blast to ignore elemental resistances. (i.e. It didn't before)
      • 4th - Dark Knight
      • Gungnir Descent: The 3rd job skill Cross Over Chain's +100% Total Damage resulted in an overwhelmingly high damage increase. Combined with the existance of Power Elixirs, Beholder's healing, and the drain effect on all attacks, HP would be near max all the time, resulting in the full buff at an extremely low relative cost. As such, the damage for this skill has been decreased slightly.
    3. Adventurer Magician Skill Changes:
      • 4th - Bishop
      • Vengeance of Angel: Compared to these patches, Vengeance of Angel had more merit for hunting in the field in the past, but is now relegated to being an attacking ability (i.e. at bosses). To help resolve this issue, Vengeance of Angel will now provide a damage buff when it is not active.
      • Angel Ray: With the change to Vengeance of Angel causing Angel Ray to be single target, there have been adjustments for Angel Ray to correctly persue that target when fired. The projectile had issues hitting targets slightly higher or lower than its straight line trajectory, and this has been revised to be more effective.
      • Big Bang: Damage has been increased. The range has been adjusted to be more similar to the wide effect from before these patches.
    4. Adventurer Archer Skill Changes:
      • 2nd - Crossbowman
      • Net Throw: Rather than stopping all actions, this skill is intended to stop movement. However, for certain strong monsters (bosses) these two functions are identical, and with the high success rate of this skill, it made stopping certain bosses easy. As such, these monsters will be afflicted with a speed penalty instead when hit with Net Throw, rather than immobilization. Along with this, the duration on boss monsters will be halved.
      • 4th - Marksman
      • Snipe: Max damage increased to 300m
      • Snipe - Bonus Attack: The previous patch revised Snipe's concept to a single hit that did tremendous damage, but the hyper skill "Bonus Attack" was not adjusted to reflect this, resulting in excessively high damage. This hyper skill has been changed to "Limit Canceller" instead (max damage increase).
    5. Adventurer Thief Skill Changes:
      • 2nd - Assassin
      • Mark of Assassin: When the stars shoot out from a monster after activating, they will be the same type of stars you are currently using.
      • 3rd - Hermit
      • Triple Throw: The effect and spacing between stars has been changed to the pre-Justice effect.
      • 4th - Night Lord
      • Mark of Night Lord: When the stars shoot out from a monster after activating, they will be the same type of stars you are currently using.
      • Quadruple Throw: The effect and spacing between stars has been changed.
      • Four Seasons: Currently, all damage is limited to a maximum of 15 lines. This is put in place because despite a monster dying to a certain amount of damage, every line of damage will end up being processed regardless. In the case of Four Seasons, it hits 10 times normally, with Shadow Partner doubling it to 20 hits, but the limit caps it at 15. To prevent loss of damage due to Shadow Partner's lines being cut off, the number of hits has been adjusted to 7, and the damage has been rebalanced accordingly.
      • Bleeding Toxin: Adjusted so other buffs can be stacked on top of this while it is active (watk buff effect)
      • 2nd - Bandit
      • Meso Guard: The Meso cost and damage absorbed have been increased.
      • 3rd - Chief Bandit
      • Meso Explosion: The method with which Mesos on the ground are chosen for explosion caused a lot of tactical issues with players. It could range in a large area of mesos being chosen, with unintentional explosions happening outside of the desired target. As such, the effect of the skill overall has been changed to where mesos generated on the ground will be thrown (?) into enemies. The effective range will be lower than the previous version, but will allow for more strategic play as it is less random. It will only affect mesos generated by Pickpocket, and as such, Meso Explosion will require level 1 Pickpocket as a prerequisite.
      • Meso Explosion - Extra Target: As the method of use has changed, the importance of number of targets hit has decreased. This has now been changed to "Ignore Guard".
      • Meso Explosion - Enhance: Has been changed to increase number of hits and mesos used.
      • Pickpocket: Has been changed to a prerequisite of Meso Explosion. While Pickpocket is active, Venom will also trigger its effects and generate mesos. Pets will no longer loot the mesos dropped by Pickpocket.
    6. Adventurer Pirate Skill Changes:
      • 2nd - Gunslinger
      • Summon Crew's AI has been increased. The crew will now follow you, and instantly teleport to your location. Damage increased.
      • 3rd - Outlaw
      • Assemble Crew: Damage increased.
      • 4th - Captain
      • Battleship Bomber: The 10th hit with increased damage has been adjusted to 5th hit instead. Due to the Battleship's new height, there was difficulty in hitting monsters that were a certain height lower than you. The firing position has been slightly lowered to accomodate this. Compared to the 4th job skill Fusillade, the efficiency of Battleship Bomber was significantly lower so its damage has been increased accordingly.
      • Headshot Hypers: Reinforce, Bonus Attack, Cooltime Reduce added
      • Fusillade: Hyperskills removed. Damage and max enemies hit increased.
      • Crewship Commander: Added new effects for when Stoner is summoned.
    7. Luminous Skill changes:
      • Equilibrium: Fixed an error where the buff would expire and you would move into Sunfire/Eclipse when being hit.

2. Default Re: KMST 1.2.481 Skill Patch Notes

Whoa, finally. I've always thought Pickpocket + Meso Explosion was a cool tactic, but was always discouraged by the fact that it was only useful if you had already pinned bosses to the left. For training, you'd have coins EVERYWHERE and they'd never effectively strike the intended targets.

3x 4410% Snipe fixed. Everyone saw that coming.

Corsairs now get Snipe hypers too. I mean, they've had the attack for a while, but without the cooldown removal, it's pretty useless. I was hoping for less cooldown on the summons though, because current Corsair can almost always have all three out and keep all the crew bonuses. With the 120s duration and 120s cooldown, you'll have 2 out most of the time, and very little time for 4, and that's only if you have Mercedes and Corsair cards active.

3. Default Re: KMST 1.2.481 Skill Patch Notes

The only thing I am wondering about is the Damage buff in Avenging Angel. I am curious if they are saying that the damage buff works as a passive (regardless of toggle state) or ONLY when it is off. I fail to see a point in using Avenging Angel when you will get more damage by not using it. I love using it as it is in GMS right now, so I am hoping that they don't screw it up.

Now, the new Avenging Angel changes Angel Ray to have more hits but have a single target. I can kinda see how they may be giving Avenging Angel a differnt buff when off than when it's on. It would be more damage to a mob skill when off but more hits to a single target when on. In that context, I think their explanation is trying to tell us that folks stopped using Venge when training and only using it for bosses and thus they gave it an effect that would now help training, too. I can be ok with this.

4. Default Re: KMST 1.2.481 Skill Patch Notes

Blessing Armor:
    Despite this skill being a staple buff, it currently does not activate from %HP based attacks,
    resulting in lower effectiveness against certain bosses. This has been ammended. Along with
    this, while it is active, it can reduce the damage taken from %HP attacks.

This is a glorious day for all Paladins in MapleStory.
    Paladins rejoice!

We...
    We got fixed...

5. Default Re: KMST 1.2.481 Skill Patch Notes

Yay, they sort of did what I was thinking. Meso Explosion is so much cooler now.

6. Default Re: KMST 1.2.481 Skill Patch Notes

I was wtping at snipe doing 400m dmg until i remembered it went from 10 lines to now only 1

heh...

7. Default Re: KMST 1.2.481 Skill Patch Notes

I haven't been following too closely.. is snipe back to 1-hit for sure? what about that additional bolt skill thingy?

And if I'm looking at this correctly, the hyper that added an extra hit to snipe was changed to give snipe a higher damage cap?

8. Default Re: KMST 1.2.481 Skill Patch Notes

Additional Bolt only affects things that hit more than once, which is why it worked on Snipe with Snipe - Extra Hit, or whatever it's called, so since they changed Extra Hit to Limit Canceller, Snipe is no longer affected, and thus, only hits once.

9. Default Re: KMST 1.2.481 Skill Patch Notes

Yeah, Snipe was changed from 9 hits of something to 1 hit of 4410%. However, someone forgot to remove "Snipe- Bonus Attack", which made it 2 hits. Then Additional Bolt says "any skill that hits 2+ times now has one more line" and would turn it into THREE hits of 4410%, which was unintended. Now it's back to one hit since the bonus attack was removed.

10. Default Re: KMST 1.2.481 Skill Patch Notes

Okay, good.

One of my favorite aspects of Marksmen when I first started playing was the ability to dish out a ton of damage with a single shot. None of this 10-hit bullcrap.

11. Default Re: KMST 1.2.481 Skill Patch Notes

Please translate this bowmaster changes :)
    Archer Mastery
    Changed - Description (궁수의 기본기를 익힌다. 명중치, 회피치, 사정거리, 이동속도, 최대 이동속도 상한이 증가한다. 추가로, 영구히 기본 화살을 소모하지 않는다. --> 궁수의 기본기를 익힌다. 명중치, 회피치, 사정거리, 이동속도, 최대 이동속도 상한이 증가한다. 추가로, 화살이 없더라도 스킬을 사용할 수 있다.)

Concentration
    Changed - Level readout (공격 시 #time초 간 상태 이상 저항 #x%씩 증가, 상태 이상 저항 시 재발동 대기 시간 #cooltime초. \n[패시브 효과 : 상태 이상 저항 및 모든 속성 내성 #asrR% 증가] --> 공격 시 일정 간격마다 #time초 간 상태 이상 저항 #x%씩 증가, 상태 이상 저항 시 재발동 대기 시간 #cooltime초. \n[패시브 효과 : 상태 이상 저항 및 모든 속성 내성 #asrR% 증가])

Arrow Blaster
    Changed - Level readout (MP #mpCon 소비, 최대 #mobCount명의 적 #damage% 데미지로 공격, 시전 중 스페이스 키로 #v% 데미지의 화살을 발사하는 애로우 플래터 20초 간 설치 가능, 폭풍의 시 사용 시 #s% 데미지. --> MP #mpCon 소비, 최대 #mobCount명의 적 #damage% 데미지로 공격, 시전 중 스페이스 키로 #v% 데미지의 화살을 발사하는 애로우 플래터 #u초 간 설치 가능, 폭풍의 시 사용 시 #s% 데미지.)
    New - u (30) (

Sharp Eyes Critical Rate
    Changed - Level readout (크리티컬 확률 #cr% 증가 --> 크리티컬 확률 #x% 증가)

Thanks in advance!

12. Default Re: KMST 1.2.481 Skill Patch Notes

You have no idea how jealous I am that snipe became a 1 hit skill.

13. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: KMST 1.2.481 Skill Patch Notes

Hmm.... patch notes don't mention the nerf to Raging Blow (Enraged)?

14. Default Re: KMST 1.2.481 Skill Patch Notes

It's because that's just an oversight from the previous Tespia patch where they changed Enraged's effect on Raging Blow to like 20% damage or something like that.
    Several other classes also got minor changes that weren't mentioned here.

15. Default Re: KMST 1.2.481 Skill Patch Notes

Also Blast now does a total of 10hits. Im realy liking this patch so far.

16. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

20% damage reduction is hardly a minor change. *sulks*

17. Neutron Straight Male
    IGN: godrocker
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 181
    Job: Where's My Ship
    Guild: Osmoga
    Alliance: Fjords
    Farm: Elosia

I don't think that's how it works. Currently, our summons last longer than summon CD, but if you try to summon another, the previous one is removed and a random one comes out. I'd assume that's how the RED summons work as well, only with 2 instead of 1. However, if they work like you say they do... SAIRS OP!!!

18. Default Re: KMST 1.2.481 Skill Patch Notes

You didn't like being a sniper with a machine gun?

19. Default Re: KMST 1.2.481 Skill Patch Notes

The original intent for Vengeance of Angel was a general buff to the effectiveness of Angel Ray. With the new Enrage change, it limits its usefulness to when you want to single target something, meaning Vengeance of Angel is completely useless when you're not bossing. So to fix this, there is now a +damage% buff for when it's not active to compensate, improving the damage on all your skills rather than only Angel Ray on only one target, so you can actually train better.

Archer Mastery corrected their wording to state you will still use arrows if you have them in your inventory, i.e. attack arrows, but if you don't have arrows at all, you can still attack.
    Concentration was a grammar change.
    Arrow Blaster got a duration buff for its turret version, of 30s at max level, 20s at level 1.
    Sharp Eyes - Critical Rate is unchanged.

The Raging Blow (Enraged) nerf was intended from the last patch and included there. Raging Blow (Enraged) will now deal the same base damage as regular Raging Blow, but it has a special animation, with the final two hits having 100% critical hit rate, and +10% Total Damage.

20. Default Re: KMST 1.2.481 Skill Patch Notes

I found this massively funny.