1. Default IS 255 Attack still WEapon Cap?

i have a fafnir mage item and im worrying that scrolling with with 9 attack scroll would have some problem by the time I reach the 6 and 7 slot I would reach 255 and after that

do I gain anymore m.att after that 255 from scroll?

2. Default Re: IS 255 Attack still WEapon Cap?

..yes, you will.
    many weapons have been seen with over 400 m/atk.

3. Default Re: IS 255 Attack still WEapon Cap?

I've seen some two handed swords with 300+ wep att that weren't a kaisrium. So I would say yes you can go past 255.

4. Default Re: IS 255 Attack still WEapon Cap?

100% sure you can. I don't know if this cap has ever been there, but it most certainly isn't here anymore, otherwise Nexon would just restrict their own profit.

5. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

Default Re: IS 255 Attack still WEapon Cap?

My Wild Hunter has over 300 attack when fully buffed, and over 500 attack once Feline Berserk and Call of the Wild are both taken into account (though I'm not sure how accurate that last bit is, given how the % attack formula seems to actually work). My rang still goes up with more attack, so 255 can't be cap to it.

6. Default Re: IS 255 Attack still WEapon Cap?

Guys he's talking about scrolls. There's been a 255 attack cap using scrolls for the longest time. Enhancements let you pass it but scrolls that take up slots cap at 255.

As for if it's still around, I don't know and would like an answer too.

7. Default Re: IS 255 Attack still WEapon Cap?

you can scroll beyond 255.

8. Default Re: IS 255 Attack still WEapon Cap?

In GMS there used there used to be a 255 limit on equips before enhancements. Don't know if it's still there.

9. Default Re: IS 255 Attack still WEapon Cap?

It should have been removed a long time ago. AFAIK none of the item stats are a single byte now since at least a year ago.

10. Default Re: IS 255 Attack still WEapon Cap?

I found something.

This was posted Jun 2012, so the limit was still there Jun 2012.
    And HTPs produced with this glitch didn't exceed 255 all stat, but I can't seem to find any pics of those.

11. Default Re: IS 255 Attack still WEapon Cap?

http://www.basilmarket.com/show/screen/226197

Screenshot of a 302 ATK Fafnir Crossbow.

12. Default Re: IS 255 Attack still WEapon Cap?

That's enhanced. It's already known that enhancements can put an item above 255.

13. Default Re: IS 255 Attack still WEapon Cap?

i wouldnt be suprised if i see any weapons over 500 m/atk due to Miraculous Equip Enhancement scrolls coming out
    atleast i think those will come out to GMS

i dont really know much about GMS but this will most likely be lifted if GMS ever get enhancement scrolls...
    unless its already lifted.

14. Default Re: IS 255 Attack still WEapon Cap?

Even when items (like the 600 atk Stonetooths) could be above 255, there was code in place limiting them to 255 if a scroll would have otherwise made it higher. I think that's why clean slating the Stonetooths and trying to scroll them was a bad move, they would just drop down to 255 when any scroll worked.

Haven't seen proof that that code is gone cause it's not til recently that you could scroll something over 255 with regular scrolls.

It's possible it was originally there to prevent stats rolling over but it certainly existed after they were stored in larger data space.

15. Default Re: IS 255 Attack still WEapon Cap?

For proof that the limit used to exist, you can look at HTPs and CHTPs that have been egged multiple times. They have 255 def and magic def.

I think wdef and mdef go to 999 now though, but I can't seem find pics of those hacked 255 all stat HTPs to confirm. Seems to be 255 cap for everything except def mdef hp mp accuracy avoid, which have 999 cap.

16. Default Re: IS 255 Attack still WEapon Cap?

a Basil source - mostly looked at it for the date to get a rough idea of when

17. Default Re: IS 255 Attack still WEapon Cap?

The 255 stat cap was still there around a month ago.

Taken from this basil thread.

I hope, but doubt they'd have removed it with Unleashed. Though I'm not scrolling my Fafnir Staff until I'm 100% sure it's either gone or still there. If it is still there, I wonder if we could get Nexon to remove it. It is just not representative of the game in its current state, and extremely unfair for mages.

EDIT: Looks like it has actually been removed with Unleashed.

Taken from this Basil thread.
    Last edited by Redux; 2013-06-30 at 08:15 PM.

18. Default Re: IS 255 Attack still WEapon Cap?

Edit: Wow. Really should check on other posts' edits before submitting.

19. Default Re: IS 255 Attack still WEapon Cap?

The 255 cap was my the only thing preventing me from upgrading to a Fafnir. Now that there's finally some proof, I guess it's time for me to get one.
    Now if only Chaos RA bosses were fixed...

20. Default Re: IS 255 Attack still WEapon Cap?

This is pretty good news. Sounds like it's time to scroll a new staff