Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Got my copy of Disgaea D2 today

Spoiler

Spoiler

As opposed to all of the other Disgaeas, it is a direct continuation of 1 instead of different netherworld/MC settings.

By the way, I'm not sure what you could call whatever it is that Etna is wearing, but it certainly is not clothing anymore, because that would imply that it at least attempts to cover her body.

Oh yeah, and best part, YOU CAN RIDE MONSTERS NOW, pineapple YEAH.

Also, looks like this is the limited edition box set.

I hope that mini Etna and Flonne are part of the set and not just decorations on the promo!

Game is out now, time to play and look at my Flonne figurine for a while.
    Last edited by Flonne; 2013-10-07 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Out now!

2. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: Official trailer and concept art for DisgaeaD2 released

Eww, video is private and I'd like to think of this as "Disagea 1.5", otherwise how the hell are you gonna differentiate between this D2 and the original D2?

3. Default Re: Official trailer and concept art for DisgaeaD2 released

The full title is Disgaea Dimension 2, I think. Also, I'll try to find a relink of the trailer.

4. Default Re: Official trailer and concept art for DisgaeaD2 released

New Asagi concept art!

Dat China dress. So adorable!

5. Default Re: Official trailer and concept art for DisgaeaD2 released

Concept art for Sicily, Laharl's little sister, is finally out! So adorable!

6. Default Re: Got my copy of Disgaea D2 today

Bump; the figs are moveable too, didn't expect that. My Etna has a smudge on her face, but luckily my Flonne seems to be in perfect condition. They are pretty small but their outfits are pretty detailed, I'm pleased. Artbook has some good stuff in it, like Tera magic backgrounds and the character concept sketches. If I can find a camera I'll take a picture of the packaging bonus that wasn't listed on the site, it's a sticker of Flonne in a mahou shoujo outfit with twintails, sooo cuttteeee ;_;

7. Default Re: Got my copy of Disgaea D2 today

You do know that etna is a succubus right? Anyways moving on from that. I also received my copy of the game today and had completely forgotten what was in the figure box (thank you for reminding me although I probably should have looked at the website). I'm going to enjoy this game for a while until something else comes by and distracts and derails me. Also did you notice at the end of the art book that they're the frames for the opening? I feel kinda dumb for saying that but whatever. Just mindless chatter I need to get out of my system before going about a different topic I can't normally talk ab out with my little circle of friends.

8. Default Re: Got my copy of Disgaea D2 today

Of course I know Etna is a succubus, lol. Anyway, first thought of the game, I like the changes they've made. They added a ton of potential endgame grind, BUT, much much more importantly, they removed a lot of the pineappleing RNG grind factors. No more goddamn item levels on golds that you have to match, now all golds give bonus multipliers together. The Cheat Shop is really cool too, lets you choose what %s of stuff you get (EXP, Mana, HL, WPN EXP, Special skill EXP) on scales, so you can decrease received HL to 70% but increase EXP to 130%, for example.

Spoiler

9. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

Default Re: Got my copy of Disgaea D2 today

I'm not sure what you mean by this. I've done my fair share of item perfecting in D3 and D4, but this confuses me.

10. Default Re: Got my copy of Disgaea D2 today

The item level, you know, the number 0 through 9 that you need to get all matching to get the match bonus; you don't need that any more, it gives a bonus just for it being stacking golds now.

11. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

Oh pomegranate, that's a HUGE change!
    That's so nice. Granted my OCD factor will still probably try to Rarity 0 everything lol.

12. Default Re: Got my copy of Disgaea D2 today

There is no rarity anymore, the factor is entirely removed. Thank god.

Another huge change for QoL, monster level doesn't have to be a trial but retarded senators 5000 levels under you declining your bill anymore; the monster level setting factor is now located directly in the Cheat Shop and can be changed at any time. So far at level 30 I've unlocked these Senate bills; create, delete, change color, reincarnate character...more expensive stuff, switch main character (on base map), switch who follows you around on base map (up to 2 I think, by default Flonne and Etna follow Laharl around), triple exp in 1 fight, full bonus gauge in 1 fight, prinny day, extort, double jump on base, switch to classic outfits (with the free DLC). Generic characters can now promote directly to next class without reincarnation. Item World is much different now too, no more RNG every 5 levels, you set the item levelup/innocent levelup at Cheat Shop, you always get an innocent town, et cetera. All in all, a TON of RNG was removed, but...I see an achievement for "go down 3000 floors in Item World in a single dive"...so I think they increased the grind pretty heavily to make up for this. Which I'm fine with, I'd rather kill 10,000 enemies and have a 100% chance to get an item than reload 10,000 times and kill 1 enemy with a 0.0001% chance.

Ah, I see.
    I have 3 ships right now, the highest floor I can currently reach is 60 based on that.

13. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

Some really nice changes. Bit surprised they "fixed" the "Double Item boss" kill routine.
    I'm not really surprised if they increased the grind, because apparently there was a patch in JPN that increased the stat cap to 999,999,999.

And don't remind me of the "Reset a bazillion times" thing lol. Trying to get Platinum in D3 was a nightmare with the Item Pirates.

14. Default Re: Got my copy of Disgaea D2 today

I think two of my favorite random finds so far are that sleep is now super useful (increases hit rate on afflicted to 100% and 100% crit) and everyone can counter all skills now, so you can't get cheesed to death at endgame unless they are out of your counter range.

15. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

Baal in this game makes me cry.
    I really need to get back into D4 and finish everything off.

Baal Stat Window

16. Can of Soup Male
    IGN: LunaMimosa
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 134
    Job: OP Elf Queen
    Guild: Some no-name guild
    Alliance: Read above.

HOLY CRAP.

All these nice sounding changes to endgame... you just sold me on this one.

I'll be sure to get it someday. Hype train will prolly be gone by then, oh well.

17. Default Re: Got my copy of Disgaea D2 today

I am buying this next paycheck. Holy pineapple.

18. Default Re: Got my copy of Disgaea D2 today

YEAH, just got a cheat shop skill that turns off Geo Panels in item world, finally the bane of my endgame is gone. I pineappleed up though, I got a rare map in item world (basically, reverse pirate map but it shows up in normal item world and you don't die if you out of time and aren't on ship) and I didn't see the timer, so I missed all the delicious high level innocents. Leveling residents looks like it will be very easy here, the resident levels scale with normal item world levels, so eventually you will be finding level 9999 residents in those maps. LoC mode scales with normal multiplier now by the way, but in a really sadistic way; LoC mode is x100 all stats, but it multiplies with the normal multiplier, so x20 and LoC becomes x2000....thats gonna be some hardcore pomegranate.

Just finished Cave of Ordeals, I'm glad that CoO6 changes to an actual grind map once you clear it once.

19. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

Sounds like they did a MASSIVE overhaul for how endgame is handled in Disgaea now.

20. Default Re: Got my copy of Disgaea D2 today

I feel slow compared to all of you now :l (still only chapter 3 here but I could probably wreck things until chapter 9)