IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default South Park: The Stick of Truth

It's been in development for ages, but it's finally got a release date! (December 10th in the US, 13th in Europe)

2 japanese-style turn based RPG's by Ubisoft? what is this madness.

New trailer, possibly NSFW

Trailer with some gameplay

The game doesn't show much gameplay yet, but it looks like a traditional turn-based JRPG, with... comical summons and all that stuff.

I honestly think it looks hilarious, and it's awesome that it's the same art style as the show.
    Last edited by Razmos; 2013-12-07 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Bump~

2. Default Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth

I'm kinda on the fence about getting this. I love me sum RPG action but I've literally watched maybe 4 south park episodes..

Shame they don't show more gameplay in these vids really.

3. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Default Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth

From the trailers it does look like there will be a lot of in-jokes, including Vampire Kids, Crab People, the Woodland Critter Creatures and various other villains, and I know for a fact that the Mr. Slave "attack" is a reference to the Paris Hilton episode. So it might be a bit confusing for people that don't watch the show.

Then again, most of South Park's humour would be funny to anyone, and in-jokes that people don't understand will likely still be hilarious in a random sort of way.

I'd recommend streaming a few episodes to decide if you like the humour or not.

4. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Actual Gameplay trailer released!

Looks pretty fun!

The giggling donkey is a parody of the Prancing Pony from Lord of the Rings haha.

Unfortunately looks like it's been delayed to March. that's pretty harsh :/

5. Default Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth

Not only is the gameplay pretty hilarious, it looks like fun! It honestly reminds me a lot of Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi series.

6. Default Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth

Looks awesome! And I would much rather have a game be pushed back several times to make it better than to be prematurely released...

7. Default Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth

I agree, unless they hype it to no end and once it's released it turns out to be pomegranate.
    OT: I'll save Christmas money for it because it looks really fun.

8. Default Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth

ok after watching that video im gonna get it because it seems really funny.

9. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Spoiler

EDIT: Eh, sorry Polantaris :(
    Last edited by Razmos; 2013-12-07 at 06:16 PM.

10. Default Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth

Ahhhh....you bastard and your spoilers.

11. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

The game is being released on friday, and reviews are pretty much all positive from what I can tell.
    At the start you choose from 4 different classes, Warrior, Mage, Thief... and Jew.

If you pre-order it now you can unlock 4 more classes, Necromancer Sorcerer, Ranger Elf, Rogue Assassin and Holy Defender.

Here's the first 13 minutes of gameplay: (no real spoilers I suppose)

12. Default Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth

I've been watching a few people play bits and pieces of this, and I must say, it's very entertaining and incredibly hilarious.
    $60 seems like a bit too much for this type of game though.

13. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Myself and a few of my friends are waiting for this game to either get a price drop or go on sale before picking it up. The game is hilarious from the streams I've watched, but I've read it's rather short.

14. Default Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth

My copy just came in the mail mere minutes ago :o

any Europeans/Australians here care about the censoring? tbh i looked at a comparison video and the censored bits are more funny to me than the actual scenes.

15. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

I literally only just found out about the censored scenes, I wonder what europe has against anal probing.
    Apparently it isn't censored in the PC/Steam version though, which is what i'm getting.

A commenter on IGN said that in Australia the censor screen is a Koala crying, haha. (the european one is the statue of david face-palming I think)

16. Default Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth

yeah i don't really understand it all. Dildos and Abortions are worse in EU than US apparently. I wonder what lets the PC version bypass the cuts though..

Edit:

my dude is the coolest kid.

17. Default Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth

You can get it off of gamefly digital for 48 bucks if you use MAR20OFF (works on anything digital). It redeems on Steam.
    @Dark Link; thats for you too.

18. Default Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth

Is it even worth that much? I'm seeing this being like a $25-30 quirky game lol

19. Default Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth

Yeah I agree with @KhainiWest;, that's still a little too much for me. $30 still seems like a bit much even, considering it doesn't look like it really has any replay value.