1. Default Calculating %Stat, Stat, and Attack using the numbers in your stat window

Use the formulas above.
    P = Potential
    S = Stat
    B = Stat before potential
    R = Range
    A = Attack before potential
    Delta (the triangle) = Change

A good way to calculate P & B for your main stat is to use MW. Just input your main stat with and without MW, and the base bonus you get from MW (150 for level 30 MW and 999 AP in main stat).

To calculate attack, use a buff that changes attack without changing main stat or secondary stat. Input your range with and without the attack buff.

P & B for secondary stat is a little harder since MW gives a huge rounding error for secondary stat. Either need to count P manually or use a different buff.

This is usually better than counting stats from equips & skills because it's
    1. Less time consuming
    2. Less prone to human error

idk
    Last edited by MountLag; 2013-06-02 at 12:39 AM.

2. Default Re: Calculating %Stat, Stat, and Attack using the numbers in your stat window

This is the way I calculate people's stats, by asking them to provide ranges fully buffed sans one, for every type of buff. But you could do with a better presentation of your formulae. edit: verified on paper.

edit2: Depending on the job, you might be able to calculate your %att. For example, BaMs can do so with BB and ADA, but others... not really - on the other hand you could borrow a BaM to provide you ADA buff for a short while. Just need to bear in mind that %att is additive with all other sources. The only other issue I have is that you could have generalised it, since not everyone has MW30 or 999AP in stats... I find working with ranges to be a slightly more accurate way of calculating all damage variables, rather than working with them directly, but for secondary stats I'd have to look at the stat window, but it's just one unchanging number generally.

Hadriel

3. Default Re: Calculating %Stat, Stat, and Attack using the numbers in your stat window

I tested it out a bit and looks like attack gives a huge rounding error for anyone with %attack potential combined with low values of delta A. Got a discrepancy of over 100 when changing stuff around for some reason. I'm guessing MS rounds attack to integer values before being used in the range formula, so that invalidates the assumption I made about how much error is present when calculating attack.

4. Default Re: Calculating %Stat, Stat, and Attack using the numbers in your stat window

Here's a quick crunching: you can obtain %something from Terms and Conditions - anything that shows up on the range can be calculated, and anything that doesn't e.g. %dmg, %boss... can't. The error is relatively low, at 1.00001 against 1. Whereas the rounding errors for the stats are much greater, the ranges don't usually get hit so hard.

Hadriel

5. Default Re: Calculating %Stat, Stat, and Attack using the numbers in your stat window

Yeah attack can be calculated as , if that's what you're trying to say.

where A = attack with potential, R = range, M = weapon multiplier, T = total damage, S = main stat and s = secondary stat.

Something to watch out for when doing that is that Total Damage % from passives seems to stack multiplicatively with Total Damage % from buffs in the range that is displayed in the stat window.

As for rounding errors, I too assumed that range was pretty much unaffected.
    It appears that rounding errors in stats or attack translate directly to the same % rounding errors in range though. I didn't get a straight line for attack vs range from X attack -> X - 3 attack -> X - 15 attack -> X - 42 attack.
    This probably only happens when %atk>0, since there's no rounding involved at %atk = 0.